Select Page

If a student is able to convert their permit for educational purposes into a long-term residence permit with gainful employment (B permit), they will be eligible for a permanent residence permit (C permit) after a certain period of time. This period is generally 5 years.

However, stays for educational purposes are only taken into account if, once the course has ended, the applicant has been in possession of a long-term residence permit for two years without interruption.

Legal basis: Art. 34 para. 5 FNIA