Select Page

All persons must give notice of departure to the migration authorities. In Geneva, this notification must be given at the OCPM.

If a student leaves Switzerland for an extended period without notifying the authorities, the latter may consider that their permit has become invalid and cancel it. This is a possibility if a student leaves Switzerland for a period (e.g. if they have to return to their country of origin for personal reasons).

  • 3 months for short-term residence permits (L permits)
  • 6 months for residence permits (B permits)